A delicious fresh tasting pate, made from just one small dressed crab, one fillet of wild salmon and some Greek natural yoghurt.
If you can’t find fresh crab, substitute 1x 145g can crab meat, drained.
You will need 1 small pate dish or bowl.
Serve as a starter or light lunch. Great also, as a filling for jacket potatoes, particularly sweet potatoes, which are delicious and count as one of your 7 a day!
Left overs make a great filling for sandwiches, the following day.
Serve with fresh wholemeal toast and vegetable sticks.
1x 100g fillet wild or organically farmed salmon, de-frosted, if frozen
1 small dressed crab, white and brown meat
3 heaped Tbsps. Greek style natural yoghurt, 5% fat
Juice ½ small lemon
1 Tsp. dried parsley or 2 Tbsps. freshly chopped parsley, preferably
2 Tsps. creamed horseradish sauce, from a jar
To Serve: Carrot, red pepper and Celery sticks, freshly made wholemeal toast
1. Arrange salmon fillet on a microwaveable tea plate. Cover loosely with absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on Full power or High for 11/2- 2 minutes, until just about cooked. Set aside to cool completely. It will continue to cook for a minute or so.
2. Flake salmon into a medium size mixing bowl, discarding skin. Add crab meat and all remaining ingredients.
3. Beat well with a wooden spoon to combine into a rough textured pate.
4. Turn into a small pate dish, cover with cling film and chill for an hour, or until ready to serve.
5. Serve with veggie sticks and freshly made toast.