Suitable for Vegetarians
Serves: 2; but recipe can easily be doubled
This delicious dessert is one of my dinner party favourites
Simplicity itself to prepare and cook, ensure you pack the nectarines quite tightly into the dish, otherwise the honey and juice mixture might over-cook! For a delicious change, sprinkle one tablespoon toasted flaked almonds over the nectarines for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Fibre with vitamins, carbohydrates and some fat.
You will need a medium size, fairly shallow oven proof dish.
2 nectarines, just ripe, halved horizontally and stones removed.
25g butter or olive oil spread
2 Tbsps. runny honey
2 Tbsps. fresh orange juice
1 Tsp. Demerara sugar
To Serve: Greek style yoghurt or vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190℃ , 170℃ Fan, Gas 5.
2. Arrange the nectarine halves, hollow side up in a suitable oven proof dish.
3. Melt butter in a small non-stick pan. Add honey, sugar and orange juice. Continue to heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Ensure sugar has dissolved, then pour this mixture over the nectarines.
4. Basting occasionally, bake the nectarines, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until soft and golden.
5. Serve immediately with a little Greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.